#1. my bed.
It is purple, soft, and awesome. The bedskirt is not as gold as it looks in the pic either. That may or may not become a burlap bedskirt one day, just no time now and this color works for the moment! I'm OBSESSED with my bedspread. Just seeing it everyday when I come home from work makes me happy. And the risers beneath my bed, genius! My storage space tripled, easy. And my favorite awesome pillow. Here's a close up...
It's an unexpected pop of color designed in such a pretty, vivid way. Mom found this one, I think it ties everything in my room together perfectly and breaks up the purple a little bit.
#2. shoe rack
Don't laugh. I mean this in all seriousness. I love shoes so much, and this rack holds 36 PAIRS! Not just 36 shoes. That means all my everyday shoes can be displayed while leaving room in my closet for a smaller, more protected rack for my more expensive shoes. Who cares if my closet door won't ever be able to close? YA'LL. It may as well be artwork as far as I'm concerned.
#3. pictures
Kmac and I both LOVE pictures. Everywhere, all over the place, in all kinds of frames. Hence, pictures cover our apartment, and we haven't even gone into kmac's camera of unveiled pics yet. Here's a taste...
And this one, which refused to photograph well due to glare and reflection, is my favorite! Hill gave this to me and set it up for me because technology doesn't like me most of the time. He even set it to come on from 3-6PM. How cool is that?! So for three hours I see this wonderful little loop of some of my favorite pics. Oh, and it has a remote!
#4. chest o' drawers
My one and only successfully completed craft project. I will probably do a whole post on it once I get better knobs. But still! It started out a heinous shade of way too bright a blue, and now it is a pretty gray, hooray!
#5. mirror to be placed above chest o' drawers
My latest find. This mirror just ties my room together so nicely! There is a lot of dark wood and things, so a lighter mirror that still brings in the dark was just what I needed! I debated it for weeks because it was a little out of my budgest, but in the end I knew I had to have it. Now hanging it could be a little more of a task, since it weighs 20+ lbs, but it will be worth it!
A closer look at the trim...
#6. pup
Here she is! All grown up, well, mostly. Lyla weighs 30 lbs now and she just loves our apartment. Mostly because every time we go outside there is a new dog to play with. Hopefully, they will have a good influence on her because she can be quite the rambunctious little one. All in all, though, she's really been pretty great so far at adjusting to a new place, and dare I say she has yet to have her first accident here (Knock on wood!). The blue/green thing in the corner of the pic is her carpet. She drags it around and lays on it all the time. She refuses to just lay down on hardwood. Apparently she is a texture freak, but a really stinkin cute texture freak!
#7. my roommate's awesome dvd collection
I couldn't even fit all her seasons in one picture! It would take me ten years to watch all the seasons of all the shows Kmac has brought to our apartment. I'm starting with Dawson's Creek because I love love love that show, and then I plan to conquer Gilmore Girls, then Everwood, and finally One Tree Hill. If ya'll don't see me out for a while, please call me and make me stop watching tv.
#8. spice rack
Cooking is next on my domestic agenda. I'm going to have to take classes or something because I have no clue where to even start. But! I have a spice rack, a really cool one that spins, and I plan to use it!
#9. trunk
So instead of spending my extra money on jeans or shoes or something, I now spend it on trunks. With this particular trunk, it was pretty much love at first sight. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it will be something I plan on keeping forever and ever. It has such character, and I really just enjoy looking at it.
#10. lamp
Thanks to an extraordinarily nice graduation gift from the bf's family, I was able to buy this lamp that is really more like a sculpture. Again, the picture doesn't make it look near as good as it does in real life. It is my favorite thing in our den at the moment, well it and the trunk!
Overall, I feel incredibly blessed to be living in this wonderful, cozy little apartment with a great roommate/bff. Thanks for letting me photograph a few of your things Kmac!
Hope you enjoyed the sneak peak! (Anna, yours better follow. BRING BACK THE BLERG!)
i'm gonna need something more comprehensive - i mean LOVE LOVE but i need context.
ReplyDeleteit's beautiful! i love everything!
ReplyDeletei will work on it. my bedspread is backordered until the end of this month, sadly, soooooo afta that!