Saturday, September 25, 2010

Self-analysis.

So from everything I've read about Myers Briggs personality types and all the diagnostic tests I've taken over and over again, I am an ESFJ pretty much to a tee. That being said, these days I'm beginning to realize something new about myself. I'm actually ENJOYING time alone. That's huge for me. I have always, always, always been an extrovert. My energy came from pouring into people and having them pour back. Recently, however, I think that's changing. I crave time to myself. I don't know if this comes from a job where I have people suggesting/asking/demanding me to do things all the time, or if it is is just a part of this whole "grown-up" thing. Either way, I'm surprisingly okay with it.

Now that's not to say that I don't still love and appreciate all the wonderful people in my life. I absolutely do, and I wouldn't be here today without each and every one of you. But I'm okay having a few hours to myself every now and then without thinking who should I call and what can we do. Does that make any sense whatsoever?


Check this definition:

"As an ESFJ, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit in with your personal value system. Your secondary mode is internal, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion. ESFJs are people persons - they love people." (Find more on this description here.)

I think my secondary mode is starting to challenge my primary mode. Maybe I'm in some middle ground of dual existence between the two. I love my people more than ever, but I cherish my alone time like never before. I'm hoping this newfound way of life is actually making me appreciate time with my loved ones even more.

So that's where I stand. Thanks for listening to my self-analysis. It's probably far more entertaining to me than anyone else, but still, if you've got any feedback let me know.

And to check out more information on personality types, which, if you're in our friend group, you surely have already been exposed to countless times before, here's a website to take the test for yourself. Enjoy! It makes for some quite entertaining reading, and then you too can write your own self analysis blog post, hooray!!

And I promise my next post will have some pictures (Hill!), I know I've been slacking...

2 comments: